Tuesday 10 December 2013

Something New A.K.A New York Trip





This was another part of the Summer project I was set to do which was called 'Something New'.The point of it was that we kept a diary of the things we did everyday and when we did something new. My something new was my trip to New York as I had not been before and so I drew the sites that really captured New York for me.

1) The top image is a drawing I did while looking out of the window from my plane as i was heading to New York. Big thanks to the A.C. that kept gushing cold air in my face so I couldn't get to sleep so I drew this instead.
2) The second image is of  statue in the U.N. Heeadquarters Grounds.I  was lucky that my mother had a friend who worked there who showed me and my sister inside. I would have drawn more images of more things but I literally had a couple of weeks before I had to go back so I chose this image to commemorate the event.
3) Lastly, this was an image of the New York skyline welded from a piece of one of the melted and crushed beams from the World Trade Centre site.It was such a moving and haunting piece of art I just had to do an image of it. I'll never forget visiting the memorial.Seeing the holes that now stand where the Twin Towers did. I was both awe stuck and moved by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment